Sunday, May 24, 2009

SCUBA/Biking/Mas Fotos!

SCUBA diving was AMAZING!!! It was about an hour and a half drive out there, but so worth it! We went to this little SCUBA school where they gave us wet suits, masks, and snokels and got into this little boat and went out. We stopped near this huge rock formation where we were aloud to snorkel around when it wasn't our turns. They had 4 instructors there who would each take 1 person down at a time to teach us and show us. The rocks were amazing in themselves. We jumped off this one structure and climped up and around to this hidden cave and a little hidden pool. So beautiful! And snokeling we could see some of the fish and reef life.
Then, I got to go under. They put the huge backpack of gear on me and then taught me the hand signals for ok and ear preasure and go up. They also showed me the important buttons to get more air, go up or down, and see how deep you are and how much oxygen is left. Then he pushed me off the boat backwards into the water so I can make sure I'm comfortable with the breathing thing. Then the instructor holds onto you from the back and slowly lets out the air thing so you start to go under. The stuff we saw was amazing! So many red speckled startfish (He had me touch one of them) and other cool creatures and plant life. He showed me how if you just cross your arms like you are hugging yourself and barely move your flippers you can go right thru a school of fish and they will swim right next to you without being scared away. We were down for about 20 minutes I think. Breathing was a lot easier than I expected down there, and since he was with me the whole time, I didn't even really get scared like I thought I would.

It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done and I definately want to get certified in the US so I can do another trip like this one. One girl brought her waterproof digital camera so i will post some of her pics once she sends them out. I bought a disposable waterproof one that I will post after I find a place to get them developed. I didn't take it under water with me because I wanted to have my hands free since I didn't know what to expect. I have some cool ones from snorkeling and of the rocks and stuff though along with some of me in the gear.

Yesterday, we went bike riding about 6 miles or so each way (about an hour ride each way) through the park, the city, and a special bikers route to the beach. It had so many hills and rough terain that it was a killer and my butt still hurts today, but it was worth it. The beach was really pretty and was full of beautiful stones all down by the water. I collected some of them to put in a glass bowl when I get my first house. It started to rain so we left the beach around 2 and rode back through on and off drizzling. My legs are killing me today, but I'm glad I went. I got to see a lot and proved I could do it.

Well, I think that's it for now. We leave in the morning for Madrid until Thursday with a stop in Toledo on the way back on Thursday. Should be a lot of fun. I am most likely bringing my computer, so I will keep updating.

And finally... PICTURES!!!!! WARNING there are A LOT! But I made sure to be in some just for you Mom :)

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=ae700e9846c8a6b06d9889752d9a603c&sid=0BZMmrVm4bMnKg

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. sara i'm so excited for you that you are getting to do so many amazing things.(can't wait to see the pics,especially the ones with you.thank you)i love you love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sara!! i love reading about your days ! they are so full of lots of exciting things. i want to learn how to scuba too !!!the empty river bed sounds sooo cool,,the bowling lanes sounds funny,,the city sounds like a dream. i am sooo happy that u r enjoying ur trip !one day i will go with u and u can show me everything!it all sounds so fantastic!! r u sure u r in spain and not in heaven cause it sounds like u found a little piece of heaven!! lol ! thank u 4 sharing it !love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sara just checking for more exciting updates & pics) i love you !!! love, mom

    ReplyDelete