Friday, June 12, 2009

Ibiza

Greetings from Ibiza! I have been here one day and am leaving tomorrow...
Ibiza is an island a few hours by ferry off the coast of Spain. It has some pretty beaches but is most famously known for its many popular discotecas and its sunset.

I went to two different beaches here today. The first I just layed out on for a few hours this morning (about a 30 min walk from our hotel). The second was about 20 minutes past the front. After lunch and finalizing my ferry trip for tomorrow back to Valencia, I bought a cheap mask and snorkel and snorkeled around the second beach for a while. It was really cool. There was a lot of plant and coral life and a lot of fish, big and small that would swim right up next to me.

Tonight they gave us free dinner in the hotel that was actually pretty good ( a big buffet with lots of choices and desserts). Then, I went back over to the beach area to watch the sunset. It was packed and everyone aplauded when the sun disappeared over the horizon. It was really pretty over the water :)

Then I just did some shopping and came back here. They don´t have wifi here so I have to pay 1€ for every 20 minutes online. No fun. Plus I had to pay to use a pay phone to call the ferry company... at least I have access though even if I do have to pay...

As for the clubs, when at best discount the cheapest one is 37€, it´s just not worth it to me. Especially when all my friends I´ve made here didn´t come on this trip and I really don´t want to watch a bunch of strangers (who are all under 21 and therefore think the point of Europe is alcohol) get wasted like they do every night. So, I´m headed back to Valencia via ferry tomorrow afternoon. I´m hoping to see the lady who is in charge of our activities and stuff DJ at a club tomorrow night and then go to the Gregorian Chant mass Sunday morning at this really old church in Valencia. Plus, there are still so many places I want to check out and return to that I´d rather be in Valencia than here.

I can´t believe I will be home this time next week! I am excited to finally get to spend more than a few days at home for the first time in forever, but I will be very sad to say goodbye to Valencia. I have decided that it is my second favorite city in the world after Louisville :)

Ok, time is almost up and I don´t have another Euro coin so I´m off... ¡Hasta Luego!

3 comments:

  1. hi sara !i wrote u a acomment on yesterday so be sure 2 go back and read it.i am glad u are not hangin out at the clubs watching everyone get drunk.it is good that u prefere the gregorian chant mass-i think-(what do they chant)if u can't understand the chant,get outa there.hopefully 1 day we can go to valencia and u can be our tour guide.i am happy u did so well in bowling,especially with their alleys -that just proves what a great bowler u r !1going 2 bed got 2 get up at 6;45-diana has her act test and i have a meeting at work-then miss storme is coming early tomorrow so her mom can fly all morning. love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sara, this is the 5th time i have tried to post this comment. it keeps getting shorter because im tired of typing it. welcome back to valencia!!! sorry the island was not what you had hoped it would be.at least valencia is everything you had hoped it would be (& more).i miss you!!!!can't believe you will be home this week. i love you!!! love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sara--i know you are busy-i just got on to see if you blogged and i wanted to say hi !!! i don't know where you are-here or in spain so just know that i said a little prayer for you today -i love you sweetheart

    ReplyDelete