Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last full week :(

Haven't posted since friday... end of semester means a lot of work so it's been crazy but good :)

Saturday I went to the beach for a while which was fun :) then came back and did homework...

Sunday did homework and went exploring some more. Went to the Torres de Quart which are similar to the Torres de Sorranos in front of this building but a little different. They were of course really cool like all the really old stuff here is.

School all week. Watched movies in some of my classes. Explored the city some more. I absolutely love Valencia! Such an amazing city!!!

I don't know if I talked about these yet or not, but they gave us these little 7Euro food vouchers called Cheque Gourmet at the begining of the semester and I still have a bunch left so I've been eating at places that accept them a lot this week. Most of them are pretty good, but I'll have to go back to some of my favorites that don't take them (like the amazing crepes place :) ) before I leave still. One place around the corner from here is called Pan de Queso (Cheese Bread) and they have a bunch of croquettes and stuff plus their specialty which is similar to Red Lobster cheese buscuits but bigger and softer. Plus, they make them into sandwhiches which are amazing! Cream cheese and ham. Plus they have all these fruit juices and they will blend them with ice (granizado) which is amazing because I really miss smoothies. Tonight I am going with a few girls to this fancy Italian place that takes Cheques. It will be nice to go to a sit down dinner since I haven't been anywhere really nice in a while. The building looks really interesting, unlike anything I've ever seen, so I'll post some pics this weekend.

WARNING - rant in this paragraph
I have a huge project due tomorrow and a bunch of papers this week and next which are keeping me busy, but this weekend should be relaxing :) I am going to be spending the weekend on an island a few hours away just relaxing on the beach all day every day! It will be really nice because my roomate here has taken to staying up all night and sleeping all day and doesn't think it's fair when I ask her at 215am to turn off the lights because she wants them on and won't go in the living room to do whatever she was doing. So last night I put in earplugs and a towell over my head trying to sleep but found it impossible with how loud she talks to go to sleep until she finally did at 530. She didn't have class today, I did. Alarm at 8 was not fun... So, this just further enforces why I love having my own room and why I need my own space. Fortunatly, my teamates are awesome, because I can't imagine tournament weekends if I had to deal with someone like this! How I stayed calm last night I will never know because I wanted to kill someone...

Other than my roomate, Valencia is AMAZING though!!! I am excited to come home next week and see everyone and everything, but I must say I am definately sad to leave :( I really want to come back here again one day! I don't want to move here or anything, but I want to make sure I visit more times in my life.

Ok, for Joni's questions....

Yes, I did think of you when I saw the cats because I knew they would make you smile like they made me smile :)
Horchata is a specialty drink in Valencia that has traveled throughout Spain now. It tastes kinda like a sweet milk, but is actually made from the tigernut and water and sugar. It is an amazing drink! And they have it everywhere here.
I can't believe how fast it's going by either!!!

I did not win the ham, but I did get the highest women's score in the league so I won 2 shirts, a hat, and 2 sausages. That league was a lot of fun and all the people were really really nice :)

And finally, no. I have not been back to Planet Bowling yet, but I will be going to their location closer to the Study Center either Monday or Tuesday of next week. This week has just been too busy.
I love you too!

ok... off to dinner
Hope everyone is having a great week!!! Happy Birthday one day early to Mom! Love you all!!!

PS let me know if there is anything in particular anyone wants me to bring back from Spain!

1 comment:

  1. hi sara! we just got our computer fixed,there was a trojen horse in it; any way we got it out and now we are good to go,yay!what is a torres de quart and torres de sorranos ? u seem 2 really like them so i was just curious.i am glad u get 2 go 2 the beach;water is soo relaxing.u should have brought a bucket of it back and drowned that inconsiderate roomie u have.it sounds like she has a little square box,and she's in it.keeping my angel up all night when she has class and projects and papers;do they have a tree there u can hug hunny to get some healing energy?u will be back soon -don't u wish u could bring valencia with u?i do!eat a crepe,croquette and a cream cheese and ham on a big soft cheese biscuit 4 me.yum!!i can't wait to see the building u had ur italian dinner in and got 2 use a cheque in.u go girl!!was ur huge project ur scrap book thing u talked about when u started ?do u get 2 bring it home?i want 2 see it.i am soooo happy u get 2 go 2 the island, i want 2 go 2 the island!!if there are shells will u bring me back one or a small smooth rock.thats my request of what i want unless of course u can bring the castle,i love u

    ReplyDelete